Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server hosted by a hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glance at them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a blog, mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between separate bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a huge quantity of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your email box accounts. Some providers provide web site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you desire to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to run as many videos as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a web site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Real Tech Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular web content exclusively.